Once again, another free, lounging Friday.
Saturday anyway, the 3 amigos headed to a small town on the far side of the bay called Con Con, which we were told to go check out for some awesome seafood, and watch the cold-water surfers and nice sunsets as well. Well, it was great seafood was really good, the surfers, not so good. I had reineta - pomfret with abalone(a very scary looking creature that looks like... something - look it up and you tell me = I didn't know till later what it looked like not on the plate), yellow mussels, and some green and red pepper. Tasty fixin's.
| One of the kiosks in the market, I couldn't resist! They loved the attention as well! |
We've got this week, then a 4 day weekend. We're flying up to San Pedro de Atacama do get some desert in and do some hiking around up there. I'll keep you posted! Oh, and there might be a winery involved on the day we get back. ]
O.k. so there is for sure a winery tour, or 3 when we get back. The next blog should be full of good times and good stories.
I've taken to eating at the market restaurants everyday, it's outstanding - fresh fish and veggies! And it has the stamp of approval from a very reputable source... I've eaten more fish here than I have in the last few years combined... I wish it were possible to eat this well off the Lake at home. I will not be eating that fish, sorry, Lake In The Hills.

No comments:
Post a Comment